Monday, July 22, 2013

EASY! Home Made Cold & Flu Chicken Soup. Gluten Free!

So because I got a head cold in the BLOODY middle of the freakin summer, I managed, in my delerium, to concoct this easy chicken soup, which is quick to make and as we all know home made chicken soup will cure what ails ya.
Oh, and did I mention, it is also gluten free? (Not like I care....but some body else might, so I mention it.)

Ingredient list feeds 1 person.
Do the math to feed more mouths.
All you need to remember is 1+1+1

1 Onion, sliced into rings then half rings.
1 chicken breast - can be pre-cooked.
          (If you don't care about gluten, I just grabbed a
          breaded one from under the broiler at he local
          convenience store. I was sick.
          I didn't want to cook. Don't judge me.)
1 orange

Optional:
1 Tbsp garlic
1 Tbsp fresh ginger. (less if dried)
1 carrot, sliced
1 celery stalk sliced.


Fry onions in butter.
Add chicken.
Add optional garlic/ginger/carrot/celery.
Squeeze Juice of orange. (Start with half orange of juice and see how it grabs ya. Eat the other half of the orange while you are waiting for soup to be done. Because it's good for ya and ya probably could use the extra vitamin C.)

Add 2 cups water.
Simmer till onions are soft like noodles and all smells yummy.
Add salt if necessary (probably not)

Heal thyself with food.
The gluten free part is that the softened elongated onion slices act as the noodle replacement.
As far as I know, onions don't have gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be patient, as your comment is awaiting moderation.